Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cauliflower

Tonight I'm attempting to make a cauliflower crust pizza.

I'm writing to tell you this important fact because it promises to be tasty. And I enjoy sharing tasty things.

The time? 8:47pm.

My day? Pretty easy, slow morning with accomplishments, 6 students, and a grocery trip at 7:30pm.

The reason I'm attempting to make a cauliflower crust pizza at now 8:48pm? I'm trying my best to eat healthy but after 6 students, no groceries, and ample time on Pinterest to peruse my food board, I decided to work really hard at the end of the day for something that is hopefully tasty and nutritious. There's a lot of cheese, so I'm skeptic -- and the recipe was from Paula Deen -- but I have high hopes for taste, at least.

The problem is that I don't have an oven. Well, okay I have a combination convection oven/microwave. But the parchment paper doesn't quite fit and I can already tell that my crust is going to be extremely deformed. Not to mention there are burning patches on the bottom of my oven/microwave plate, and no matter what I do they refuse to come off. They just burn baby, burn.

The real reason I'm writing tonight, aside from telling you my cauliflower adventures, is to get back in the game of writing. I can't tell you how many emails and newsletters I've written over the past month that made me want to find my way back to the European Bluebird. So here I am, hopefully making a habit of staying for awhile. And yes, I know that every post says the same thing. I know. Just go with me on this one.

You'll be happy to know I finally made the big move out to Colorado! I've been here over a month now, and scored a wonderful position with the Aspen Music Festival and School teaching their Beginning Strings program. I have a happy little apartment (sans oven) with G in a fantastic little town. They have block parties every month, a farmer's market on Wednesday mornings, and at least two juiceries. Plus walking trails and a giant mountain out my back door. My only complaint is that I could use more sunlight in the apartment, but that is a small sacrifice to make for the great space (although sans oven, again) and location.  I am very happy here, and that is a very happy thing to be able to say.

Pizza is almost ready and my stomach is extremely anxious for the last three minutes on the oven to hurry up already! We'll catch up later?


crockpots | email | orchids | candles | happy days 

No comments:

Post a Comment