Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bluebird Doodles

Hello from my best friend's kitchen table, with scary grey clouds out the lovely window to my right. I'm in between Skype lessons right now, just polished off an apple, and a few peanut M&Ms. Clothes are in the dryer, just got a new commission for a hand-lettered piece, and I'm meeting a girlfriend for drinks tonight.

Today is calm and peaceful. The last few days, though, not so much.

It's interesting to me how having a plan for the day can change your outlook on life. And maybe I've just been feeling slow and unproductive, but having a plan surely helps keep things in a positive light.

On that note, I've decided to issue a challenge to myself. I'm calling it the Bluebird Doodle Challenge! It's a challenge to post something creative here every day, even if it's a crappy sketch of something I'm working on. I'm shooting for something every day this summer, but if it goes well maybe it will end up being a 365 challenge. I'd also like to do free downloads every week or so, as desktop/phone wallpapers or printables. We'll see what I can come up with!

Anyway, today's Bluebird Doodle comes from some work I did last night on a random quote I decided to draw and digitize. I'm working on adding color to my designs and perfecting the calligraphy-look of brush pens, which are much easier to write with and less messy. Here's the final product -




I should mention, too, that this quote is something I'm working on in Life... Noticing what I allow into my life and noticing when I find myself annoyed with what I'm allowing. 

Looking forward to sharing more this week! 

space | tea | brownies | working cars | color

No comments:

Post a Comment