Somehow checking in a few days later always means a week and a half later. My apologies!
This is week two of being in Vegan Town with my mother. Cool story -- we're doing alright!
I'm not going to lie, this week I don't like being vegan. We've had snow in Georgia, the roads have been terrible, and all I want is a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. And confession, yesterday I ate a deviled egg. And today I ate a cookie.
I'm really sorry! I'm not trying to cheat (well...) but I'm really hungry a lot of the time because we haven't been preparing well. I mean we have food to make and eat for meals, but it's the in-between meal snack time that gets me.
Mostly it's been good, though! We both feel better and we don't really miss eating meat, except for bacon. We miss bacon. I really miss cheese, but it's just one of those things I crave when I have cravings, ya know?!
So this past week, we made a bunch of different things, including vegan mac and cheese, minestrone soup, roasted potatoes and veggies, mushroom pasta, and some tasty chocolate muffin things. Good reports from most of them! I was just looking at recipes for dinner tonight, and I think we'll be making sweet potato burgers, because we don't have much else in the pantry. Maybe we will brave the roads as a family and go on a quest for tasty vegan noms.
We also discovered what we cannot eat this week, and that is soy. No soy for us. Tofu, vegan cheese, soy products in cereals... Nope. No go. Not going to talk about it anymore, either!
.....
Three hours later, we survived the apocalyptic road conditions, bought the last carton of almond milk, and finally satisfied my hunger with a rather tasty frozen black bean burrito. Mom also made guac, so that's good. I'm going to spend the rest of this cold evening finishing up some work for the duo, eating chocolate teddy grahams (a vegan version of them, anyway), and just hanging out. Like Wednesday evenings should be.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment