Monday, February 9, 2015

Consistently Inconsistent


As with everything I do, there is a lack of consistency. You know why? Because I am lazy. And I dont like to do things if they arent very fun. So my goal for this evening is to make writing this blogpost a fun experience. 
So far, with my glass of wine and Hanx Tyoppewriter app, this is pretty entertaining.

Last we spoke I was feeling foggy. Happy to say that the fog has mostly lifted. I think I was feeling a combination of things, including separation anxiety from my violin from lack of playing and performing, and the inevitable feeling of the end of the 'semester,' as I am accustomed to calling it. There was always something to look forward to in January, be it new classes or new location or new gig. Without any of those to hold on to, I became a bit depressed, but I am adjusting. Part of being an adult is learning to create your own fun. 

Luckily I live in a place that is full of fun things and other adults trying to create their own fun, so I am recovering nicely from the fog. Kickboxing is awesome and gives me a chance to punch out frustrations with work and life. I have played a few gigs, too, which has been life saving. Who knew the simple act of playing music with other people could be so healing? 

Now I am just striving for progress and consistency. Hence this blogpost. 

More soon. Thanks for reading, you lovely people, whoever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment