Let's just not talk about my lack of posting. :)
Let us instead talk about the fact that is is 6:53am. I have showered, I am currently eating breakfast, and I desperately want to make some tea, but the sad reality is that I did not sleep at all last night and caffeine is not my friend. I'm hoping to sneak in a couple more hours of sleep before I'm required to start the day.
A good friend of mine gently reminded me yesterday that I have a blog. Did you know?! I totally forgot until he said something last night, and I told him, "Alright. Tomorrow morning. Blogging. Look for it." Maybe this is why I didn't sleep well last night.
Last we spoke, I had flung myself (and my mother) head first into veganism, I was working on a few quaint designs, and was still unsure about the next 6 months of my life. And as of now, things have changed a little! Hooray for progress!
Veganism is still on my radar, however it comes and goes in waves. It was awesome for awhile, and then I decided to add cheese back into my diet. Worst decision ever. I really wish that cheese was just not even in my vocabulary. It is my nemesis and my downfall, a surefire weakness if I ever saw one. But! I assure you that I am making every effort to keep on the vegan path as the days move forward!
I'm still designing and drawing, at a much quicker pace than before! My family and friends caught wind of my interest, and so I've been working on several "commissioned" projects, if you will. I actually decided to open an Etsy shop just for fun -- it should be up and running by June, I hope! I'm finding that I have plenty of ideas to work with for the shop, but not enough time to execute them. I just finished working on local productions of "Chicago" and "Willy Wonka," both of which had month-long runs. I was playing 6 shows every weekend and waking up at 10am during the week to catch up on sleep, so by the end of it all, 'exhausted' was absolutely my state of being.
Which brings me to my next topic, the future. In the midst of six-show weekends, I decided on the path I would take for the next six months. I also bought a car, but we'll get to that in a minute. So here's what I'm thinking -- my residency in Georgia comes to a close at the beginning of June. I'll pack up my life and head up north to spend the summer on tour with The OK Factor from June to August. And then the exciting part: September 1st I'll be packing up again and moving out to Colorado! G moved out there at the end of February, and it's just time to be in the same place again. It's an adventure, for sure!
The car I bought? A fabulous 2001 Honda CR-V. Extremely close to my dream car, which would've been a 2002-2006 Honda CR-V, but years are a technicality. I drained my bank account to afford it, but it was so worth it. A small price to pay for the feeling of real freedom and responsibility. Anyway, I named him Ralph -- well, that's not entirely true. The salesman named him Ralph, and I fell in love with it on the spot. Ralph and I are going to be best buds this summer. Can you say multiple road trips every month? We bought him with 10 year old tires, and while we thought they had at least couple more days of travel in them, my back right tire exploded on me while driving on the interstate a few days ago. Talk about a crash course in changing a flat! Don't worry, I just bought new tires yesterday. Ralph is ready and rocking for the next 6 months.
Alright. You are updated, and I am getting sleepier by the minute. Before I go, here are a few snapshots of my most recent work, including a not-so-great calligraphy sample. Work in progress, right?
hot showers | tea | coconut buttercream frosting | rainy days | skype | new friends | a plan


No comments:
Post a Comment