Well, it's official. I have joined the masses of creatives and creative professionals and I am now typing on a MacBook Pro. It's beautiful and fast, and types like a dream. Hence why I am blogging this morning. :)
It's the Saturday after Christmas, my family left town this morning at 7am, and I am getting ready to leave town myself for some more Christmas up in Wisconsin, plus a few shows next weekend with The OK Factor. Christmas was good this year, and not just because of the fabulous haul my parents seem to conjure up under the tree every year. I had G down for the holiday this year, something we haven't done before. It was a happy occasion to introduce him to our giant colorful tree, Mom's apple and cherry braids with potato hash on Christmas morning, and the extensive amount of time we spend playing music at churches on Christmas Eve. It was intensely enjoyable, though, to be able to spend Christmas with my favorite person in the world.
So now that it's over, I'm getting out of dodge and back up to the cold, frigid north for some more festivities with G's family and New Years Eve with my sister and brother-in-law at their cozy cabin. Then G and I take a road trip to Iowa and Minnesota for a two day OK tour! We've got one show in Cedar Falls on the 2nd, and another one on the 3rd in preparation for our CD release. We haven't even gotten the CDs to press yet, but we're hoping to gather up some excited from our crowd of fellow music lovers. Maybe some press, too. :)
I don't have anything particularly profound to share today, but mostly just wanted to get back in the game of writing. This blog is on my list of things to keep up in 2014, and I intend to! I started my New Years Resolutions at the beginning of December in hopes that they would be more of a habit by the time 2014 rolled around, and while I'm on track with most of them, this blog is the one that I keep falling behind on.
But onward we go! Boldly to face the new year, to do more great work, to embrace those we hold dear! A very Happy and Adventurous New Year to you and yours!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment