I didn't complete the last few assignments for Design 101, which included visual instructions for a recipe and making a shirt, but I did want to share one of them, which I believe was from yesterday.
The assignment was to take a look at my room, at all the old things and the new things and to see how they work together. The idea is that contemporary design is an overlap of the old and the new, and not just a certain time frame. Design is building off of everything that has already past, and this is a lovely metaphor for how human beings work as well. Or at least how I work -- you make mistakes, you learn, you grow up. So I chose to capture those old/new elements in a picture from my bookshelf, where I keep the journals that I've written in since I understood what keeping a journal meant. I've always wanted to have a written record of my life, in hopes that someday when I'm long gone (like, don't open those pages until my 110th birthday) my family can read them and learn from them and laugh, quite hard, at the person I was and grew up to be. :)
Behold, my life:
I have extensive catching up to do before the week gets started! I'm off to Memphis on Wednesday for some traveling with The OK Factor -- a workshop and a photo shoot in Cedar Falls!
Cheers!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment