Friday, September 27, 2013
First things
The first post is always the most awkward, isn't it?
Well, let me make it more awkward by telling you that there aren't any bluebirds in Europe. Believe it. Wikipedia says so.
I never know where to start with the first post, so I'll just give you a little background behind this blog.
I recently stopped writing for another blog of mine that had turned into a cycle of complaining, and noticed that my life was still not going in the direction I wanted it to. Every time I went to write, nothing but complaints and rants came out. I had also been writing that blog since the beginning of college, and now that I've graduated it seems fitting to start something new.
So here I am, on a new blog, entirely unsure how to approach this. Basically, I want a space where I can challenge the way I live and force myself into new directions. A place to stay accountable, if you will. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'll relay to you every sandwich I eat or every small triumph I've made. Rather, I want to find creative ways to explore being a young twenty-something, testing the waters of her profession. We'll see how I do with that.
In any case, thank you for your eyes and for your virtual presence. Mom is making nachos tonight, and there's a Miller Lite waiting for me downstairs. Riveting, I know. :)
~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment